Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life, Layouts, and Beauty Products Galore

This post is sort of a hodge-podge of information. I've been playing around with the layout, and I'm not quite happy yet, but I like it better than the default-er I had up before. I have an idea of what I want, so maybe I'll keep playing with it.

Finals are right around the corner, and I've been submerged under an ocean of schoolwork--final papers, projects, independent studies...You get the picture. As a result, I haven't had much time to post, but I think I should be able to do a lot more blogging after finals are over. I don't think I've been more excited for summer in a long time. I'm going back to work at Victoria's Secret, and so I'll be living with my boyfriend for the summer (who is having open-heart surgery next month...yikes).

There are also a number of beauty products I've been eyeing for a little while, so I thought I'd throw them out here.

The first is Covergirl & Olay's Simply Ageless Eye Concealer. I actually picked this up a while ago, but I've been waiting to finish up my pot of Maybelline Mousse Concealer before I try it out. Of course, being in my early 20s, I'm not particularly concerned about aging. But here's my logic: if it's made not to cake into wrinkles, does that mean it will go on really smoothly? I hope so. I also love the concept of adding eye cream right into a concealer. I'm a sucker for two-fers. I've also been eyeing Eve Pearl's Salmon Concealer, but I'm not sure about that on yet because of 1) the cost and 2) it's only available online, not at makeup counters. Maybe I'll look into that one next, though.

The second product on my list is actually several; it's MAC's To the Beach collection for summer, which will be released in late May. If I had to walk away with only one product from the collection, though, it would definitely be this gorgeous Highlight Powder. It's a blend of pink, coral, and gold in a marine seahorse pattern. I may end up also picking up a lipgloss or two and some nail polish, but I'm not sure about those eyeshadows. I would definitely get that tote bag as well, but it will only be available in MAC stores, and there aren't any pro stores near me. Sad face.

Now, I have to admit, I think I might be related to Snow White. My pale skin's only saving grace is a dust of freckles (a testament that I am not, in fact, the crypt keeper). I've mostly given up on self tanners because it takes a lot of time and patience to get myself to what someone might call a "normal" level of tanness. Recently, though, I spotted L'Oreal's Sumblime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes. I'm intrigued. It seems easier than a lotion, foam, or mist. I think maybe I'll give this whole self tanner thing a try again. I'm not shooting for Pocahontas, just a little color for summer.


Bronzer can be my best friend in the summer because it gives my pale skin a little subtle color. However, I find its difficult to find a bronzer that isn't too dark or too shimmery for my preferences. I've seen Victoria's Secret's Pretty Glow Pink Face and Body Bronzer before, but I figured I'd wait until I was an employee again to get it (for the record, nobody at work told me to post about this product; I just like it). I like the packaging and the subtle amount of shimmer. Its also in a big pan, so you get a lot of product, and you can dust it on your collar bones and shoulders (good if you're worried about your face looking tanner than your body).

I think I may try DiorShow Extase Mascara once my beloved DiorShow has dried up. I'm intrigued with the brush shape. Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be no middle ground with mascara? It's one of those things that you either love it or hate it. DiorShow, for me, is a love. Hopefully, I'll like its cousin, too.


Other than these products, I've been looking at Lush for the first time in a while. My boyfriend's place has a bathtub, which is a luxury us dorm-dwellers can usually only dream about. I may need to pick out a few bath bombs for those nights when work is particularly stressful.

Well, I think that's everything that's been on my mind as far as beauty products go. I think the next thing for this blog may be to break into the video sphere. Maybe I'll do a "Favorite Beauty Products of April" video. I may also do an update about shaving products in the near future, so look for that soon. For now, I should return to studying (ugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment