Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One Print to Rule Them All

If I had to sum up being an English major in a few words, they would probably be post-itsScrabble, and that all-important fashion staple for grandmothers everywhere, argyle.

For some reason, I’m a teensy bit obsessed with this print. Ok, even my Webster’s is argyle-print. So maybe a smidgeon more than teensy. Just a smidgeon.

Maybe it’s because argyle so perfectly reflects my inner nerd. And my outer nerd. I’m a bookworm who enjoys a game of scrabble and a great pair of socks.

Anyway, I was thrilled recently to see all of the argyle at Old Navy nowadays. There’s not an Old Navy near my school, so the trip was a bit of a pilgrimage (but it’s good to get out of dodge sometimes, right?).

My favorite purchase? An argyle pullover sweater on sale for $10...$10?! Yes, $10! Its full price is 24.50, and it’s surprisingly good quality for the cost. A very soft, fine-gauge knit with a forgiving fit and a flattering v-neck.


It doesn’t appear to be online, but there were several out in the store. I may need to go back to buy another color or one of the cardigans...or order the argyle sweaterdress from online. Swoon!

I also picked up a pair of lipstick-red ballet flats for under 10 bucks (which I wore out right away), a chunky striped pullover for 20, and a Browns NFL tee.

Another favorite nerd-related fashion piece of mine is a necklace made out of a Scrabble tile that my mom gave me.



P.S. I ordered a couple of eye palettes from the MAC Tartan Tale Holiday collection last night. Tartan is another print close to my heart, so I couldn't resist!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! And such a great title! Argyle is my favorite print, hands down.

    Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment on my body image post. I hope you come back and share more!

    ReplyDelete